If you’re in California or looking for a good reason to get to Malibu (like you need a good reason besides the fact that it’s Malibu), you should think about an upcoming dispute resolution conference on June 18-19 at the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine School of Law.
The conference, entitled Appreciating Our Legacy and Engaging the Future: An International Conference for Dispute ResolutionTeachers, Scholars, and Leaders, will bring together leading dispute resolution teachers, scholars, and leaders of educational programs to compare perspectives on four decades of change in managing and resolving conflict. Interactive sessions will explore:
● Balancing skills, law, ethics, and policy in the classroom
● Integrating practitioners into our courses, research, and programs
● Mediation and dispute resolution clinics and public service
● Initiatives aimed at bridging the societal divide
● Globalization, culture, legal tradition, and ethics in the classroom and research
● How technology is changing what and how we teach
● Research and scholarship across borders
● Big Data’s revolutionary effect on research
The conference is co-sponsored by the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, ABA Section of Dispute Resolution, and Aggie Dispute Resolution Program, Texas A&M University School of Law, in cooperation with:
● Cardozo School of Law of Yeshiva University
● Marquette University Law School
● University of Missouri School of Law Center for the Study of Dispute Resolution
● The Dispute Resolution Institute at the Mitchell Hamline School of Law
● The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
● Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University
● UC Hastings Center for Negotiation and Dispute Resolution
● Center on Dispute Resolution at Quinnipiac
● Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law
● University of Nevada-Las Vegas Saltman Center for Conflict Resolution
● University of Oregon ADR Center
The registration fee is $285 but the first 100 people can register for $185.
Check out the website for more information and to register.